RHP owns and manages around 800 properties on Butts Farm. Our community office on Saxon Avenue offers local services to our tenants and homeowners as well as community activities and opportunities for residents to get involved in how the area is managed. This page contains links and information for local services.
Your Local Area
1. Hanworth Library (1.7 miles) - Tel: 020 8898 0256
2. Post office is situated on the estate on Saxon Avenue
3. Little Park Surgery (0.4 miles) - Tel: 0208 898 9075
4. Mount Medical Centre (0.6 miles) - Tel: 0208 893 8699
5. Toothkind Dental Care (0.7 miles) - Tel: 020 8894 6591
6. Moss Pharmacy (0.4 miles) - Tel: 020 88949764
Other Services Available:
- Tube station Hounslow Central (2 miles)
- Railway station Whitton (1 miles)
- Bus (H25) Butts Farm to Hatton Cross
- Sainsburys supermarket (0.5 miles) 303 Uxbridge Road, Hampton Hill, TW12 1AW. Tel: 020 8941 7571
- Tesco (1.0 miles) 88-90 High Street, Whitton, TW2 7LN. Tel:08456 779 717
I'm Sue Honey, the Community Engagement Advisor for the Butts Farm estate. I am based in the Community Office on Saxon Avenue, TW13 5LZ. Please drop in or call me anytime if you are interested in joining any of the groups or events in the area. If you have any suggestions for other activities I would be very pleased to hear your thoughts and ideas. We are very keen for families to get involved with the youth activities, so if you are a parent and would like to get involved, please get in touch. I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0782 446 4682.
We are working in partnership with many other local organisations to improve the quality of life for our customers at Butts Farm. We have regular events and activities including:
- Monday evenings from 5 - 7pm: DJ/Music sessions for the over 12s run by Robin Ball
- Tuesday evenings from 4.30 - 6.30pm: Youth club for the under 12s. Come along and join in the fun. We have computers, art and drawing, video games and activities
- Wednesday evenings from 5 - 7pm: We are running our Salvage Cycle club - teaching youth and adults how to repair and maintain bikes to a road worthy standard. Bring your own bike along or practice on one of our salvage bikes. We will be training people to cycle safely on the roads and some of the young people aim to take part in a sponsored cycle ride later in the year.
- Wednesday evenings from 7 - 9pm: Youth drop in run by Hounslow Youth Services. Pop in for a drink and a chat with our youth workers, Corey and Charlie, who will be organising activities.
Our Over 55s group is going from strength to strength. We meet regularly for coffee mornings and have visits and outings throughout the year. Last year we went to Worthing, a trip to see the lights in London at Christmas and a trip to Richmond Theatre to see ‘Hitler – My Part In His Downfall’. This year the group has already been to Richmond Theatre again to see ‘Blood Brothers’. We are planning further days out to Wisley Gardens and Little Hampton and possibly a boat trip to the Thames Barrier. If you are Over 55 and would like to join the group please contact me for details.
Allotments on Butts Farm
We have now formed the 'Butts Farmers Allotment Society', a group of residents who are planning an allotment on Butts Farm and a garden on the green for everyone to enjoy. This committee is dedicated to improving the environment around Butts Farm and creating spaces for the community to meet, relax and enjoy. It will take some considerable time and hard work for the group to set up the allotments but it is hoped that more residents will be keen to take part.
Regular Quiz Nights:
We hold quiz nights every six weeks. Anyone can come along and join in the fun. Look out for posters with dates.
RHP volunteers have trained as mentors and are now working on a 1-2-1 basis, with some of the young people on the estate. The aim of the project is to give some of the young people extra support and guidance, raise their self esteem and encourage them towards a positive future.
Clean Up Day
Last year we joined up with FORCE (Friends of the River Crane Environment) and the local Safer Neighbourhood Team to clean up the rubbish along the perimeter of Butts Farm and Crane Park. Residents joined us for the day which ended with a barbecue. We will be organising another clean up day so please look out for posters.
As in other years, this year we will be organising a Community Day on the green. Not only will we be having lots of fun things for adults and children to enjoy, but we will also have information stalls so you can find out what’s going on in your community.
We have established a Youth Panel who will represent the young peopleon the estate. So far we have seven members who are supported by a resident youth champion who offers guidance and support. The panel will initiate ideas and raise funds for activities and will work together with RHP to find solutions to ASB on the estate. A representative from the panel attends meetings on the estate and contributes the views of the young people .
Programmes for Young People
We will shortly be running Sex and Relationships Education sessions for some of the young people on the estate as well as an Anger Management Programme. If you know of a young person who would benefit from either of these programmes please contact me.
We are hoping to start up a Women’s group soon. If you are interested please get in touch with me.