Energy and fuel bills are rising from 1 October. If you're worried about covering heating costs and other essential bills, there's help available.
Reducing heating costs
- You may be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment if you’re getting certain benefits.
- If you were born on or before 26 September 1955 you could get between £100 and £300 to help you pay your heating bills. This is known as a ‘Winter Fuel Payment’.
- You could get £140 off your electricity bill for winter 2021 to 2022 under the Warm Home Discount Scheme.
- SW LEAP help make homes more energy-efficient, saving money on heating and lighting. They visit homes to carry out an energy assessment before suggesting ways to save money on heating and lighting. They'll also put measures in place to help, like LED lightbulbs, draft excluders and letterbox insulation. SW LEAP cover Richmond, Merton, Roehampton and Wandsworth.
- There may be local charities that can help you with fuel and other essential payments. Please contact us for information on what's in your area.
As part of our work on making homes more energy-efficient, we're carrying out surveys on some of our older properties. This will benefit other homes, increasing energy efficiency, saving money on energy bills and improving air quality. The gas boilers we install are rated A+ and among the most efficient on the market. We also plan to electric boilers and air source heat pumps in future.
In November we'll launch our successful Winter Warmer campaign for customers aged 80+. This initiative is now in its fourth year and is regarded highly by our partners and customers for the work we do to keep this vulnerable group safe and connected. This year our focus is to help older customers access funding for fuel poverty, give them tips for staying warm this winter and help those who wish to downsize to a smaller home.