COVID-19 update: June
As you know, our top priority during COVID-19 has been to help keep you and our employees safe, whilst continuing to deliver important services to you as best we can. To help guide us through this period as safely as possible we have been following the advice of the Government and Public Health England closely.
Following the latest guidance, our service offer from 1 June will be as follows:
- We have now reintroduced our essential repairs service along with emergency repairs. You can find what’s covered in this service here. Due to anticipated high demand, please expect a longer turnaround time than our standard 10 days to complete a repair.
- If you or anyone in your household has symptoms of coronavirus or if you’re shielding, please do not book your repair online. Instead, please speak to us by chat or phone. This is to protect all customers and RHP employees and follows government advice.
- In order to carry out the repair safely, the repairs operative will ask you a few simple questions before entering your home. They may ask you to go into a different room whilst they carry out the repair and will remain two-metres apart at all times. We ask that you also respect these social distancing measures – if customers don’t do this, the operative will have to stop the repair and leave your home. Government guidelines state that full Personal Protection Equipment (e.g. a mask) is not needed for this type of work, however some operatives may choose to wear a face covering. All of them will wear gloves and use wipes.
- If you booked an essential repair before lockdown and it was put on hold, we’ll be making contact with you soon to arrange an appointment.
Gas safety checks
- We're continuing with gas safety checks as normal. Keeping your home safe is a top priority for us, and an annual gas safety check is a legal requirement. If this check isn't carried out, you could be putting yourself and your family in danger.
- When they come to your home, our gas engineers will follow social distancing guidelines and wear any necessary PPE.
- If you or someone in your house is self-isolating or shielding, please let us know and we’ll postpone any upcoming gas checks. If we need to do this, we'll rebook it for a few weeks' time. We’ll write to you with the new date, but if you’re still unable to let us into your home then, please get in touch nearer the time via phone or live chat and we’ll postpone the appointment again. We won’t be imposing any fines or other enforcement during this time if you are self-isolating/or shielding.
Caretaking & Retirement Living
- We have now extended our Caretaking service to include longer days and more cleaning tasks, including deep cleaning floors. Please be aware that this will mean that areas will be isolated for a period to carry out these works safely. The team will also continue removing bulky items from communal areas (as a fire risk), pulling out or rotating refuse bins to ensure they are collected by the Council and checking communal lighting.
- We’re gradually reintroducing the onsite presence of our Scheme Managers at our Retirement Living schemes. This will initially be for one or two hours a week so that they can carry out health and safety inspections of the building. Welfare checks will continue to be carried out remotely.
- Our Customer Services Team is still here to help. For an answer in real time, use our live chat service. You can also email email@example.com or call 0800 032 2433 or 0203 166 2200 from a mobile. If you have any concerns about your rent, please get in touch and we’ll talk you through any support we can offer.
- As people’s safety is our priority, our offices will remain closed until at least the end of June.
We'll continue to listen carefully to Government advice and let you know about any further changes.