COVID-19 update (May part two)
As you know, our top priority during COVID-19 has been to help keep you and our employees safe, whilst continuing to deliver important services to you as best we can. To help guide us through this period as safely as possible we have been following the advice of the Government and Public Health England closely. You may’ve recently received a letter from the Government that was sent to all social housing residents setting out what you should expect from your landlord. You can view this letter here.
Following the latest guidance, we can confirm:
· As people’s safety is our priority we will be moving forward with caution and our offices will remain closed until at least the end of June.
· We have now reintroduced our essential repairs service along with emergency repairs. You can find what’s covered in this service here. Due to anticipated high demand, please expect a longer turnaround time than our standard 10 days to complete a repair.
· We ask that you still phone to book your repair rather than use our online appointment system. If you or anyone in your household have symptoms of Coronavirus or if you’re self-isolating, please let us know at the time of booking.
· In order to carry out the repair safely, the repairs operative will ask you a few simple questions before entering your home. They may ask you to go into a different room whilst they carry out the repair and will remain two-metres apart at all times. Government guidelines state that full Personal Protection Equipment (e.g. a mask) is not needed for this type of work, however some operatives may choose to wear a face covering. All of them will wear gloves and use wipes.
· If you booked an essential repair before lockdown and it was put on hold, we’ll be making contact with you soon to arrange an appointment.
· For the safety of both you and our caretakers they will continue an essential service only. This will focus on removing bulky items from communal areas (as a fire risk), pulling out or rotating refuse bins to ensure they are collected by the Council and checking communal lighting. To ensure minimal contact they will carry out this work early in the morning. We are working towards reintroducing more of this service in June. This will include longer days and more cleaning tasks including deep cleaning floors however this will mean that areas will be isolated for a period to carry out these works safely.
· Our Customer Services Team is still here to help. For an answer in real time, use our live chat service. You can also email email@example.com or call 0800 032 2433 or 0203 166 2200 from a mobile. If you have any concerns about your rent, please get in touch and we’ll talk you through any support we can offer.
· We will continue to look for ways to support our most vulnerable customers.
We'll continue to listen carefully to Government advice and keep you updated as and when anything changes.