Free work-related training from RHP
If you or anyone in your household is looking for work, wants a change of career or would like to get back into the workplace after some time away, our free training courses could help you pick up some new skills:
- Cleaning – this course is ideal if you’re looking to work in the hospitality, catering or cleaning industry. It covers health and safety and a variety of tasks, including cleaning residential and office spaces, buffering floors and cleaning hazardous items
- Hospitality - this award has been designed for those wanting to work in a customer-facing role in a pub, bar or café. You will learn how to safely prepare and serve drinks in a busy environment and the basic principles of good customer service practice.
- ICT - these classes are perfect for you if you are new to computers and the internet. Learn how to find, manage and store digital information, communicate and connect with other online users, buy and sell goods and services, solve problems using digital tools and create basic digital content.
- Customer service - if you’re new to the customer service industry and want to improve your knowledge, this award provides a great foundation. It’s designed for learners who deal with customers on a daily basis and can be used in a number of different job roles.
- DIY *starts 5 October* - learn practical skills and gain confidence to tackle simple maintenance jobs at home. This course covers basic plumbing, painting and decorating.
Our employment experts also hold job clubs across the borough for customers looking for work. They can get your CV in tip-top shape to boost your chances of finding work, help you fill out forms to make your application stand out and help you search for and apply for jobs online. For more information on any of these free sessions, or to sign up, email