Latest complaints report
We know things sometimes go wrong, so we look carefully at every complaint and take steps to learn and improve from them where we can. Our latest complaints report has shown the top three areas for improvement are:
- Repairs: not fixing things first time (22% of complaints)
- Repairs: keeping you informed (22%)
- Housing policy, like your expectations of our role as a landlord (26%)
Based on what you've told us, here's what we're going to do:
- Our customer success team has had extensive training and we’ve already seen improvements in taking ownership of queries and setting expectations up front. We’ll continue to coach and monitor our employees to provide the best possible service. We’re aiming to resolve 80% of queries first time this quarter
- We’ll be adding more content to our website to help you find the information you need and understand our processes more easily
- One of the key issues we’ve identified is customers being unable to find information about follow-on repairs. We’ll now be working with our partners to enable them to provide information on jobs in real time and arrange for any follow-on work to be booked in directly from customers’ homes
- We’re aiming to improve first-time fixes for repairs by providing operatives with clear work descriptions and photos.
If you’re not happy with our service, we’ll aim to put things right and resolve your issue quickly (you can expect to hear from us within two working days). If we’ve caused any problems we’ll say sorry and give you a full explanation. If it’s going to take us a bit longer than two days to sort things out we’ll let you know.
If you feel there are still things we need to put right, we’ll look again at your complaint. There may be some new actions we can take to move things forward. We’ll always try to reach a decision fairly. If you don’t think we’ve done this, you can ask your Ward Councillor or MP to review your query independently. If you live in the borough of Richmond, you can contact the Tenants’ Champion. For more information, visit www.richmond.gov.uk/tenants_ch....
The Housing Ombudsman is a free, independent service that was set up to look at complaints about housing organisations. You can write to them eight weeks after you receive our response - or the Tenants’ Champion may contact them sooner, if you’re OK with this.
Housing Ombudsman Service, 81 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4HN
We’re committed to resolving your issue brilliantly and quickly online. If you need help with anything, drop us a line via the ‘contact us’ page.