Need a helping hand with your rent?

25th May 2017

If you need help with your rent and are claiming Housing Benefit or the housing costs element of Universal Credit, you might be able to claim a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP). DHPs provide extra money to meet your housing costs. They're paid for a limited amount of time to give you the chance to find other ways of reducing your housing costs.

Your council will decide whether you're eligible, how much you'll be paid and for how long.

For more information, follow the links below to your local council:

If you'd like some help filling out an application form, come along to one of our digital drop-in sessions on Fridays from 1pm-3pm at Hounslow Heath Community Centre, Edgar Road, TW4 5QP.

Back to News