Need a helping hand with your rent?

18th January 2019

Hounslow council have some money left in their Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) fund.

DHPs provide extra money to meet your housing costs. They're paid for a limited amount of time to give you the chance to find other ways of reducing your housing costs.

You might find this helpful if:

  • your Housing Benefit/UC is reduced because of non-dependant deductions/housing costs contributions
  • your Housing Benefit/UC is reduced because you are working age and it has been decided that you have a spare bedroom in social rented property
  • your Housing Benefit/UC is reduced due to the Benefit Cap
  • you need help with one-off costs like a rent deposit, rent in advance or removal costs to help you move into a new home.

To apply, visit and search for ‘DHP’. You’ll need to be receiving Housing Benefit or the housing costs element of Universal Credit.

For more advice on your rent, including our arrears policy, check out our help and advice pages.  

Back to News