Our commitment to you
We know things sometimes go wrong, so we look carefully at every complaint and take steps to learn and improve from them where we can. Our latest complaints report has shown the top three areas for improvement are:
- Repairs: the time taken to fix jobs (30% of complaints)
- Repairs: quality of work (16%)
- Housing policy, like customer's expectations of our role as a landlord (16%)
Based on what you've told us, here's what we're going to do:
- Make it easier for customers and operatives to know what's going on at every stage of a repair
- Focus on the caretaking services you value most
- Get back to you quickly and keep you updated, every step of the way
- Support customers who aren't familiar with our online services
- Be clearer about how we can help, making it easier for you to get your issue sorted first time.
If you’re not happy with our service, we’ll aim to put things right and resolve your issue quickly (you can expect to hear from us within two working days). If we’ve caused any problems we’ll say sorry and give you a full explanation. If it’s going to take us a bit longer than two days to sort things out we’ll let you know.
If you feel there are still things we need to put right, we’ll look again at your complaint. There may be some new actions we can take to move things forward. We’ll always try to reach a decision fairly. If you don’t think we’ve done this, you can ask your Ward Councillor or MP to review your query independently. If you live in the borough of Richmond, you can contact the Tenants’ Champion. For more information, visit www.richmond.gov.uk/tenants_champion.
The Housing Ombudsman is a free, independent service that was set up to look at complaints about housing organisations. You can write to them eight weeks after you receive our response - or the Tenants’ Champion may contact them sooner, if you’re OK with this.
Housing Ombudsman Service, 81 Aldwych, London, WC2B 4HN
We’re committed to resolving your issue brilliantly and quickly online. If you need help with anything, drop us a line via the ‘contact us’ page.