How to update Universal Credit info

Published: 06/04/2021

Your rent changed from 5 April. You’ll have received a letter from us recently, explaining your new rent and service charge. 

If you claim Universal Credit, and claim housing costs to pay your rent, you must let the Department of Work and Pensions know about the change in your rent. To make this easier for you, the DWP will send you a ‘To Do’ notification to your journal. You must complete this before the end of your Universal Credit assessment period in April 2021 or you'll miss out on the money you're due.

So you know what to do, we've put some instructions in the document below. Sign into your online journal at and follow the steps.

If you have any questions, get in touch:

Updating your UC journal Instructions for updating your Universal Credit journal so you can claim the benefits you're due. pdf | 0.15 MB
Search Log in