Our new subsidiary RHP Home (managed by our partner Kier), will deliver our essential and emergency repairs service. RHP Home brings the best of our organisations together to deliver a safe and efficient repairs service, that protects your home for today and tomorrow. We’ve also appointed Smith & Byford to carry out our gas and electrical testing, as well as emergency heating and hot water repairs.
Anyone coming to carry out an essential or emergency repair will have an RHP Home uniform and ID.
Our repairs service for tenants includes:
- Kitchen units, worktops,
kitchen taps, wall tiles & vinyl floor coverings.
- Baths, basins, toilets, showers, bathroom taps, wall tiles & vinyl floor coverings.
- Internal & external doors, including fire doors
- Window frames, handles, hinges & misted double glazed units.
- Heating & hot water systems, including gas, electrical & non-standard systems.
- Leaks to roofs, service pipes, rainwater pipes and gutters.
- Drainage systems & clearance of blocked internal & external.
- Electrical supply, electrical fittings and mains powered smoke alarms.
- Building structure including roofs, walls, floors, staircases & balconies.
- Defective wall and ceiling finishes.
- Disability aids & adaptations.
- Garages attached to properties and garages within blocks.
- Boundary walls, fences, gates & hard landscaping.
- Communal repairs to blocks
Tenants are responsible for:
- Repairs to wall and ceiling finishes (minor repairs including filling holes and hairline cracks).
- Redecoration due to wear & tear.
- Replacing plugs and chains.
- Clearing minor blockages to sinks, basins, baths, toilets, showers.
- Replacing shower heads, rails or curtains.
- Replacing standard light bulbs.
- Replacing toilet seats, bathroom accessories, curtain rails.
- Maintaining private gardens & repairing garden sheds.
- Replacing lost door or window keys.
- Gaining entry due to lost or forgotten door keys.
- Repairing any accidental or intentional damage caused by our customer or visitors to their home.
- Repair or replacing floor coverings outside of the kitchen and bathroom.
- Replacing batteries in smoke detectors.
- Cleaning and treating minor mould growth.
- Bleeding radiators.
- Topping up boiler pressure.
Our repairs service for homeowners includes:
- Communal repairs
- Repairs to the building structure
- Repairs to window frames
Homeowners are responsible for:
- Repairs inside their home and that are not connected to a communal system.
- Repair or replacement of the flat door.
- Repairs to glazing.
- Kitchen units, worktops,
An emergency repair is a repair to make a situation safe where there is imminent threat to life, danger of serious injury or major damage to the property.
Our emergency repairs service covers:
- Total loss of power
- No hot water (during winter months only)
- Hot water is coming out of my cold water taps
- Major leaks from pipes or roof
- Total loss of heating between September to April (if the temperature is below 10 degrees celcius)
- Blocked external drains
- Dangerous electrical fittings or installation
- Major structural damage
Broken toilet if no other working toilet.
If you have an emergency repair then please call us on 0800 0322 433. We have an out of hours emergency team who'll always be there to help.
How do I book a repair?
From 1 June 2023, our repairs service is changing. As we transition to these new services, our online repairs booking system has been temporarily switched off – we’ll let you know when it’s back on.
In the meantime, please book a repair by calling 0800 032 2433 or using Live Chat.
We’re changing our appointment slots to offer you more flexibility and enable more repairs to be fixed on the first visit.
8am - 1pm, Monday to Friday
1pm - 8pm, Monday to Friday
9am - 12pm, Saturday
Where requested, we’ll avoid appointment times that crossover with the school run.
Out of hours for emergencies:
5pm to 8am Monday to Friday
24 Hours on weekends & bank holidays
Our how-to videos
If you need an extra helping hand, our videos show you how to tackle some of the most common home repairs.