Our top priority during COVID-19 has been to help keep you and our employees safe, whilst continuing to deliver important services to you as best we can. To help guide us through this period as safely as possible we’ve been following advice from Government and Public Health England closely.
If you or anyone in your household has symptoms of coronavirus or if you’re shielding, please speak to us by live chat at www.rhp.org.uk or call 0800 032 2433. This is to protect all customers and RHP employees and follows government advice.
Government guidelines state that full Personal Protection Equipment (e.g. a mask) is not needed for this type of work, however some operatives may choose to wear a face covering. Before entering your home, the contractor or RHP employee will ask if anything has changed and talk you through the safety precautions.
During your appointment
Our employees and contractors follow the latest government & Public Health England guidance. They will:
- Wash or sanitise their hands before entering your home – and at regular intervals during the appointment
- Keep at least two metres away from you. They’ll ask everyone in your home to do the same for them, ideally by staying in a different room
- Avoid face to face contact as much as possible and talk to you outside, in a well-ventilated place or through a window
- Wear disposable or protective gloves
- Limit the amount of time they need to be in your home
- Clean the immediate work area with disinfectant wipes/spray
- Throw any waste away safely.
If a job requires two people, they’ll only come together for tasks that need two pairs of hands and wear face coverings when they can’t keep two metres apart.
If anyone in your household is shielding, self-isolating or has COVID-19 symptoms, let us know.We’ll only visit if the work is an emergency or you’re at significant risk. Otherwise, we’ll re-schedule once the shielding or self-isolating period is over and everyone in the household is free from coronavirus symptoms.
If anyone in your home is shielding, our employees and contractors will take extra precautions, including a face mask, disposable gloves, disposable overshoes and visor. If you’ve told us someone in the property has COVID-19 symptoms, they will also wear a cover-all suit. We will also bag and take away any waste.
What you need to do
- Leave any internal doors and windows open
- Wash your hands regularly
- Wipe down any areas where we’ll be working like the boiler/cooker before and after any visit with an antibacterial cleaner
- Always keep two metres distance
- Keep children and pets away when we’re working
- Get in touch at www.rhp.org.uk or call 0800 032 2433 if you have any concerns.